Articles on landrights history
- A Short History of Enclosure in Britain http://www.thelandmagazine.org.uk/articles/short-history-enclosure-britain Published in The Land Magazine (Issue-7 – Summer 2009).
- Halting and then reversing enclosure in the 1630s, the decade before the English Civil War: was Charles I the ‘Commoners King’?
- The Levellers, an introduction by Tony Gosling. Index to documents on the Levellers, land rights activists in the 17th century…
- The Irish Holocaust (usually referred to as the ‘Irish Famine’) http://tlio.org.uk/land/land-rights-history/irish-holocaust-the-mass-graves-of-ireland/
- 70th Anniversary of Kinder-Scout Mass Trespass – marked with an apology from the 11th Duke of Devonshire
- An Enquiry into the Reasons for and against Inclosing the Open Fields – Printed in 1767, a submission to ‘The Members of the British Legisture’ and ‘all who have property in them’ on the enclosures…
- The Cries of the Neverborn, The Scottish Clearances by Scott Robert Ladd. An essay on the Scottish Clearances from the 17th century to the present day…
- Rural Resistance 1800-1914: Custom Community and Conflict in South Oxfordshire by Kate Tiller Download zip-file (rich text format)
- John Clare and ‘The Tragedy of the Enclosures’
Poems by John Clare 1793 – 1864, background by Dave Featherstone
- Robert Ket and the Norfolk Rising 1549